Easier: One Pan Lemon Parmesan Chicken & Asparagus from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Calories: 432 kcal
GROCERY SHOPPING LIST:
1.5 Pounds of boneless, skinless pastured chicken breasts
1/3 cup flour
1 cup panko – check the Asian food aisle
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried parsley
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon minced garlic
8 tablespoons melted butter separated, unsalted
1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
1 pound of asparagus
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons of honey
(optional) fresh parsley and 1 lemon for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Grab three bowls. Add the flour to one bowl.
3. Combine panko, 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, dried parsley, garlic powder, about 1/2 teaspoon each of salt (I use seasoned salt) and pepper. Stir.
4. In the final bowl, add 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest, 4-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on lemon flavor intensity desired), minced garlic, and 5 tablespoons melted butter. Stir. Remove 4 tablespoons of this mixture and set aside.
5. Slice chicken breasts to the size of tenders (about 1 and 1/4th inch strips) or use chicken tenders.
6. Coat in flour, heavily dredge in garlic lemon mixture, and then coat in the Parmesan panko mixture.
7. Place on prepared sheet pan. Use any remaining Parmesan panko mixture and sprinkle over tenders. Sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning over the tenders (I use Mrs. Dash lemon pepper)
8. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes and remove.
9. Flip the tenders to the other side.
10. Place the asparagus next to the tenders and drizzle the reserved lemon butter sauce. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese over the asparagus and toss with tongs.
11. If desired place lemon slices over the chicken (optional)
12. Return to the oven and bake for another 10-12 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 165 degrees F.
13. Meanwhile, whisk remaining 3 tablespoons melted butter, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and 3 tablespoons honey in a small bowl. Add some pepper and parsley if desired.
14. Remove from the oven and top with the honey lemon mixture and fresh parsley if desired and enjoy immediately.
15. Do not top chicken breasts with the honey lemon mixture unless eating immediately and aren't planning on having leftovers since it will make it soggy.